Academic Shoot Reflection and Critic

1. Some challenges I faced getting photos for this shoot were whenever I tried to take a picture of students working on classwork they would always look at the camera. Some people moved a lot and waved at the camera which made it hard to get a good focused shot. I also felt weird getting close to people to get a focused picture.

2. I found myself thinking a lot about getting a good focused picture. I also tried to make sure the student that I was trying to capture was doing something academic and being productive so I didn't just have a picture of someone sitting at a desk doing nothing. To make the pictures focused I would focus the camera on the subject for a few seconds to make sure it looked good.

3. If I had to do this assignment again I would get closer to the subjects so that I could get a clearer and more focused picture. I would also try to incorporate more of the rules of photography in my pictures.

4. I would probably get the same angles with the camera and go to the same classrooms because they were all really productive, especially the science classrooms.

5. I think the easiest rule to achieve is the rule of thirds because you just have to make the subject a little off center. To help me with this rule I always imagine a 3x3 grid on my camera and try to get the subject to be at one of the points where the lines or boxes meet.

6. I think the rule that is the hardest to capture is the rule of framing because there is usually a lot going on in classrooms so it could be hard to capture one moment in a frame without getting a lot of activity in the background.

7. I am still not totally clear on how to avoid mergers. In a classroom I don't know how you would achieve this because there is always so much going on in the background of the class. To remember this rule I think I need to make the main focus the student and blur out the background or take a picture of someone in front of a clean background.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Landscape Photography

Portfolio Analysis