Student of the Month Story

Who- Faith Lawrence

What- Student of the Month

When- 2018

Where- Bowie High School

Why- good work ethic at school

How- Bowie awarded her SOTM


Every month James Bowie High School gives one student the "Student of the Month" award. In the month of February, 9th grader Faith Lawrence received this award. Faith was chosen for this award because of her good work ethic and how she works as a great role model for her peers.

Faith liked the idea of Student of the Month and was happy to be chosen for the month of February.

"I like that we recognize student of the month," Faith said. "I feel like it recognizes the work that we are doing."

Student of the Month allows students to be honored for there work until the next month.

"I feel honored to be chosen as student of the month," Faith said.

Student of the Month is important to Faith.

"Getting SOTM is important to me because I am getting recognized for the effort that I put in at school," Faith said.

Students that receive this award are usually involved in extracurricular activities and/or clubs.

"I am captain of the Bowie Mathletes and I'm in Key Club," Faith said.

Faith wasn't working hard to get the award as it was a surprise to her.

"I didn't put any extra effort to get this award but I always try hard.”

As Faith is involved in academic extracurriculars she is also involved in Journalism here at Bowie.

“My favorite core class is math and my favorite elective is journalism.”

Faith's math teacher, Mr. Flick, believes that Faith is a hardworking student and deserved to become Student of the Month.

"Faith always makes an effort in my class and always turns in assignments on time," Flick said. "Faith is one of my top students in my classes and has carried a high grade point average so far this year."

As Mr. Flick appreciates Faith's work ethic in his class, he is Faith's favorite teacher.

"My favorite teacher is the math teacher, Ms. Flick, because he is a role model for me and a good teacher," Faith said.

Faith currently holds a 4 point GPA and hopes to keep it up through the end of the year and the rest of high school.

"By the end of the year I hope to have all "A" grades and make the campus a better place," Faith said.

Even though Faith has exceptional grades, she still feels frustrated or annoyed with school sometimes.

"It's never a good day when you have a lot of homework or forgot about something that needs to get done," Faith said.

Faith has had a lot of support in school to help her win this award.

"My parents help me strive for greatness and my friends are supportive," Faith said.

Faith explains to us her plan for the future and how she can leave an impact on the students and school of Bowie.

"I plan to get involved with as many extracurriculars as I can so I can have a good resume when I get to college," Faith said. "I hope to mentor younger students or be a tutored in Senior year."

Faith gives advice for her fellow students and helps explain how to be successful in school.

"I would tell other students to always try their hardest," Faith said. "I didn't procrastinate, I got work done on time, and I have a good work ethic."

Bowie will continue to award a Student of the Month each month.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Landscape Photography

Portfolio Analysis