Top 100 photos


1. I chose this photo because I like how it captured some well known celebrities in one picture. I like how they all look so happy to be there with each other.
2. This picture was taken by Bradley Cooper during the 2014 Oscars. Ellen Degeneres wanted to get a group selfie with many other celebrities The picture was retweeted over 3 million times and was used as advertising for Samsung because the picture was taken on her Samsung phone.
3. I learned in the interview with Bradley Cooper that the picture was originally just going to be Ellen and Meryl Streep but they were having trouble getting both of them in the picture so Bradley Cooper offered to take the picture. In the end he took the picture as a selfie and other celebrities got into it.
4.















5. Bradley Cooper
January 5th, 1975
Philadelphia, PA
The New School (2000)




1. I picked this picture because I liked how it captured a small moment in time that couldn't even be seen by the naked eye.
2. Harold Edgerton was in his lab in the 1950's and used a mixture strobe lights with camera shutter speeds to get this picture of milk hitting a table. The milk created a crown shape as shown in the picture.
3. I learned that Harold took a lot of high speed pictures like this one.
4. 
5. Harold Edgerton
Born: April 6, 1903
Died: January 4, 1990
Fremont, NE
University of Nebraska-Lincoln



1. I like this photo because it captures an important time in history. I like that they had taken photos from the moon to show what it looks like.
2.  Neil Armstrong took all of the pictures on the moon because he was holding the camera. This picture shows Buzz Aldrin standing on the moon Buzz was not to happy to be the second man on the moon and not the first.
3. There were additional pictures shown under the main photo. These photos helped show other views on the moon and more pictures Armstrong took while they were there.
4. 

5. Neil Armstrong
Born: August 5, 1930
Died: August 25, 2012
Wapakoneta, OH
University of Southern Carolina (1970)


1. I like this photo because I think that it captures a cool event. I like the angle that the photographer took the image from.
2. Michael Nicols and a National Geographic explorer went on a 2,000 mile trek from central Africa to the west coast. While they were going along this trek they captured pictures of hippos riding waves in the Atlantic Ocean.
3. From the additional pictures shown I learned that Michael Nicols has taken many pictures of wildlife mostly in Africa.
4. 

5. Michael Nicols
born in 1952
Alabama
University of Chicago (1954)



















1. I like this photo because the focus is clearly on the woman and she is looking at the camera. I like the perspective the image was taken from.
2. Many people enjoyed taking pictures of the woman shown in the photo, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, because she was very secretive of her personal life.
3. From the mini documentary about her and the photographer I learned a little bit about how the picture was taken.
4. 

5. Ron Galella
born: January 10, 1931
New York City, NY
Art Center College of Design

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Landscape Photography

Portfolio Analysis